Wednesday 25 May 2011

Clue

After a long spell of love making, we lay down beside each other wrapping my arm around her, still naked but covered with a sheet. She was playing with my chest and I was constantly gazing at the ceiling.

Suddenly the silence broke. "So, would you still love me", she paused for a while and completed, "once we're out of this bed?"

I grinned. "Is that a question? Of course I love you", I replied controlling myself.

"Love is something beyond just naked bodies meeting each other", she seemed serious. Perhaps she got the clue. I didn't respond.

After a few minutes, I was left alone in jumble full of bed. I lit a cigarette and thought, "Better die of nicotine than love".



P.S. - I don't smoke, nor do I hate love.

8 After Thoughts:

Fear Not the Darkness but What lies Within said...

well isn't he the naughty one. she was right he was using her.
Great piece

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

Someday, things might change, for good. Till then, a wandering soul plunders.

Nice post.

Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

inquisitive-life said...

"Better die of nicotine than love"

I loved this ending line.

But sometimes your insecurities make you ask such questions.

Nice Post.
Keep Writing....

Deepak said...

@ fear not the darkness: yeah, he is, but we never know what someone else's life is all about.

@ blasphemous: i hope so too, some day things will change.

@ inquisitive: this is even mine favorite line. and yes, it might be insecurity. thanks for the read

Matt Merritt said...

Hey, at least he didn't lead her on any further! I agree that the ending was good, too.

Deepak said...

@ matt: hmmm, that is. thanks for the read.

mindlovemisery said...

I love the last line! Great poem and sadly the way of relationships sometimes when one person wants more than the other.

Deepak said...

@ mindlovemisery: thanks for liking it and yes the expectations of different people are different in a relationship. by the way, its not a poem dear :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...