Thursday 24 February, 2011

A Comfortable Friend


"There was a time when we didn't even know each other, not even each other's name. And today we're so comfortable with each other that I just changed my underwear while you were facing the other side and you didn't even realize that", these were my friend's words a few days ago in our PG room.

I was shocked and surprised at the same time. I was laughing and abusing him that why he didn't ask me to leave the room so that he could change. And then next moment I realized that he was right. We were so comfortable just because we were friends. Friendship is such a wonderful thing that it makes two completely strange individuals completely known to each other. Friends know more about ourselves than our own family or even more than we know about us.

As I'm in a different city now, leaving him alone in that strange city, I'm actually missing those days. We were like a big support to each other in that alien city. Away from our homes, our families and everything, we were like much needed companions to each other.

Talking about friendship I can only say that those are lucky who have got a good friendship. Friends even less in number, if true, are the most precious gift of God. Like they say, we can't choose our family but we can surely choose our friends. But I somewhat differ on that aspect. You get good friends, like good family, if you're destined to.

And the best and surprising part is, you don't remember the time when your strangeness was transformed to friendship. You just can't recollect that moment.



P.S. - Please don't change your undergarments if your friend is in same room. It may unveil your hidden secrets because your friend may not always be looking at the other side. Or you may also lose your balance in a hurry :-)

4 After Thoughts:

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

Friends are indeed gems of our lives, a vital support system, and treasures to be kept close.

And about the P.S., I'll consider that. :P

Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Deepak said...

@ blasphemous: yup brother. and do consider the p.s. :P

Neeraj Bhatia said...

hmmm... friendship got new meaning!

Deepak said...

@ neeraj: a new meaning? well, good to read that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...