Sunday 6 February, 2011

Last Few Days

What will one do if he comes to know that he is left with only a few days of life in this beautiful world? How a girl would feel when her marriage is fixed and she knows that she is in her parents' home for a few days only? A student who is going to pass from disciplined life of school and entering the college life of full freedom?

Since some days I have been juggling with the thoughts of 'last few days'. A person who is going to die would surely try to enjoy fully the handful of moments he is left with. He won't bother about things like earning money or buying a new car or expanding his business. All he will do is find the happiness in those little things which once didn't interest him. He will become more concious about the things which he never noticed before. His senses will work more efficiently than ever before. He will more conciously notice the streets he is walking on, will listen to the birds chirping around him, will smell the roses with closed eyes, will dance as if no one is watching. He will try to spend as much time with his loved ones as he can. Why suddenly? Because he knows he won't take anything with him from this planet. We all know that. Ultimately whatever we have earned or gained will remain here in this world and our own body can't accompany us to the heaven (or hell, whatever!).

But why suddenly I'm talking about this topic today? Because me too experiencing my 'last few day'. No, no. Not on this earth but at the place I'm currently working. And suddenly and surprisingly I'm enjoying this new city which I'll be leaving in a few days. Now every Monday morning when I wake up to travel 240 kms, I don't curse myself. I now enjoy the journey, the last few ones.

So, is there any lesson we can learn from knowing our 'last few days'. If we take every day as our last, can we actually enjoy the living or will it make our life more tensed? Like a coin has two sides, this also has two consequences. Now it is upto you how you take it. I'm leaving this open. Share your views. Last few days - will you enjoy or curse?

3 After Thoughts:

S. said...

I don't know why,but these words 'last days' burn me ! :(

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

True, but then there is a thought.

What is this life full of care, we have no time to stand and stare.

And by the time we really get time to stand and stare, most parts of the run have been run.

Hope you enjoy your last days in that job.

Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Deepak said...

@ sunakshi: hmmm, i can understand :(

@ blasphemous: I too agree that we have no time to stand and stare. But thats how it is. I wish to change it for myself at least. Thanks for dropping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...