Thursday 14 March, 2013

Sandcastles


Have you noticed a child making the sandcastles? Ever? There is nothing between him and the play. The sand and his hands are all that he is careful about. He makes the castles as if he is going to live in there for eternity. Yet at the end of the day, when his father calls him, he leaves everything halfway or better destroy everything with the same hands that build them, and goes back to his father. With no regrets, no attachments to his treasured castles.

I want to live like that. I want to spend my life in such a way that though I may tend to do the things or make the relationships which seem to last longer than life yet when the death comes to hug me and to take me to my father Lord, I leave everything behind with no regrets, with no attachments whatsoever. I want no one to remember me after I leave this earth plane. Neither for good nor for bad.

Leaving your mark behind is what everyone is so conscious about. But what for? The one who leaves, has no connection with the mortal world. So why be so desperate for leaving your mark behind? I maybe making a mistake but that's what human life is all about. To make mistakes. To learn from them. To live for only yourself.

And perhaps in the process, somehow, I hurt the people around me - by not getting attached to them so much.


4 After Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Wow Deepak. I must confess that this comeback is awesome. Well, am glad to see you back on blogging :) Quite quite happy :)And ya, this is the best template for your blog. Don't change it :)

There is nothing between him and the play. The sand and his hands are all that he is careful about - I was blown away with this sentence, never thought it that way, and I guess it will be quite helpful for me in life :) So thanks and a hug for that :)

And i agree with your thought. But its not easy. We all know we aren't going to leave anything behind, not even our legacy (even if we have any), but then we are humans, we tend to do what we shouldn't' and go behind things which isn't meant for us.

And perhaps in the process, somehow, I hurt the people around me - by not getting attached to them so much - yes, I am experiencing that too. People just don't understand the philosophy we are leading our life with. But we just can't help. Somewhere we tend to accept that it our reasons will be unacceptable.

Overall, a striking post worthy of the long wait :)

Deepak said...

adreamygal: Thank you dreamy for such a welcoming and inspirational comment :) You are my constant companion since the beginning of my blogging journey from 2010. Thank you so much for this :)

Harshad Mehta said...

Made me pause for a moment and think how strongly am I attached with my world. Can I leave it with innocence of a child leaving his sand castle?

Very well written.

Deepak said...

Harshad Mehta: Sir, I think detachment is the gradual process. It cannot happen overnight. So, we need to constantly remind ourselves about our true purpose on this earth. Then it will be easier for us to break the castles behind and move on to the new world.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...